The moment you have in your heart this extraordinary thing called love and feel the depth, the delight, the ecstasy of it, you will discover that for you the world is transformed.

(Krishnamurti)

Beginning on January 15Th 2010, Let us work together....

Tuesday, December 29, 2009


A Taoist friend asked me about the start date of 01/15/10 for The Compassion Project. She noted that although January 15Th is the date of a new moon it is not the lunar New Year which begins with the second new moon after the winter solstice.
My reasoning has much to do with my profile description of myself;

I've known monks and musicians,
preachers and physicians,
the religious, agnostic
and atheist.

Not everyone who may participate will come from a background of meditation. It may all be quite new to them. I do feel that a new moon signifies a jumping off point and I didn't want any cultural or religious ties to either the meditation itself or the significance of the start date. Although both of the meditations being introduced here have deep roots within Taoism and Buddhism they are free from dogma; they are to be experienced and watched. Without judgement, Gently observed with acceptance.

See what happens!

2 comments:

  1. You measure a circle beginning at any point.
    Aloha nui loa,
    --Your Taoist Friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big Sis!!!!
    I am growing so fond of you!

    ReplyDelete

May you be well!