The moment you have in your heart this extraordinary thing called love and feel the depth, the delight, the ecstasy of it, you will discover that for you the world is transformed.

(Krishnamurti)

Beginning on January 15Th 2010, Let us work together....

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Goal-less action

Tao abides in non-action,
Yet nothing is left undone.
If kings and lords observed this,
The ten thousand things would develop naturally.
If they still desired to act,
They would return to the simplicity of formless substance.
Without form there is no desire.
Without desire there is tranquility.
And in this way all things would be at peace


"How's the meditation blog going?"

"Depends on your perspective" I said.

"Well, yeah," she replied with a laugh. "You are hoping for a bunch of readers aren't you?"

"I guess that some of that is true," I said. "You blog and hope that someone out there reads it. But really, I'm just doing it to do it. If anyone reads it and benefits in any way from it, that's just the icing on the cake."

One of the outcomes of meditation practice is
that one slowly comes to a state
that can only be described as
"goal-less."

This being "goal-less" in not something to be sought after like a growing flower seeks its bloom. No, it grows like the acorn becomes the tree. As our awareness grows we become less focused on past and present. No, you won't float about like the proverbial Zen-Zombie who feels nothing about past events nor hopes for nothing. Its more like letting the past go, learning from it what you can and then you pass on. Like leaving your shoes at the door.

The highest virtue is to act without a sense of self
The highest kindness is to give without a condition
The highest justice is to see without a preference



3 comments:

  1. Thank you much for this. reminds me of this zen proverb: "Sitting quietly, doing nothing, spring comes, and the grass grows by itself."

    (((hugs))) to you. I enjoy your blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the "May you be well!"...I tried to say/write something on my comment page...but it wont work for me...at my end i see nothing. what am i doing wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got it...i made the page embedded. anyway...thanks ;-D

    ReplyDelete

May you be well!