The moment you have in your heart this extraordinary thing called love and feel the depth, the delight, the ecstasy of it, you will discover that for you the world is transformed.

(Krishnamurti)

Beginning on January 15Th 2010, Let us work together....

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Not too hard...not too soft. The middle way.


So, you have decided that you want to learn how to meditate. You've heard about the potential health benefits and the peace of mind that meditation can offer you. You have decided to make a commitment to practice but you find that your mind is quite uncooperative. Its harder than you think. You watch and count your breath only to find your mind wandering over ground that makes you exclaim, "How did I get here"? I must confess that I have literally fallen off the cushion in laughter with how I unsuspectingly attached myself to a thought and followed it all around the barnyard. One moment I am the serene present moment and the next I'm off in la-la land. You have to see the humor in it.

Accept where you are. Watch. Pay attention. No judgment.

Oh, we're gonna have fun together!

No comments:

Post a Comment

May you be well!